Sunday, January 19, 2014

Gone to the dogs!

First things first!
Yes, it's been a long time since I have blogged.  Yes, I have reservations about doing or attempting to be a blogger again.  Yes, I would rather try and fail, then never try at all.  Going to start with a goal of one entry a week. 

My sister in law got a new puppy, its her birthday, and she is retiring all in the next week!  Exciting times!  I wanted to do a little something for her and little Miss Addie.  This sweet little project presented more than one problem, but I love the outcome. 

Took a scrap piece of pine wood that I had in my scrap pile. End result was blue spray paint (I love spray paint), & edged in a white.  What to do... paint a white acrylic, spray blue, sand edges for a worn look.  Why?  Well that was my first mistake, I sanded off to much, took off all the white and down to the pine.  It looked awful!  See what I mean! 
 
So what to do?  I took out my white acrylic, the one that was the first coat & free handed a white stripe around the edge.  No clean crisp sharp lines, but it works! 
 
 
Next securing the hose clamp.  Super simple right,  Use a drill and wood screw go through the hose clamp,  Done deal right.  NO!! Than did not work.  Tried pre-drilling hole to make it easy.  Could not get through the hose clamp.  Tried to drill the hose clamp with a larger hole, broke the drill bit.  All I could think was I am not stopping now!  Then a stroke of brilliance - Staple gun.  YES!  IT WORKS! Mason jar fits all is good.
Step Three - the vinyl. This is a easy step.  Designed in the Cameo silhouette used cheap contact paper.  This step  was the easy step.  I lined it up adhered it to the board and done!
 
Last Step - Adding the hook for the leash.  No brainer right!  First screw in, get everything lined just right, looks good, then slip and bang!  A hole right into the board!  I want to scream - I think I did!
 


I will touch that up by spraying a little spray paint onto something then brushing it into the hole.  I also will put on a wall hanger in back.  The hardest part will actually be getting it into the mail and sending it to my sister in law.  I know she will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment